Thank you for considering a financial contribution to ACB!
Everyone deserves the opportunity to live to their fullest potential. But many talented, dedicated people are left behind just because they are blind. Many are people who are eager to work hard, share their skills and ideas, and make a positive difference in the world.
When you make a tax-deductible gift to the American Council of the Blind, you are investing in a brighter future for people who are blind or visually impaired.
ACB encourages people who are blind or visually impaired to live and work independently, to make positive contributions within their communities, and to advocate for themselves. Through education, advocacy, legislation, mentorship, and leadership, ACB is making a positive difference in the lives of blind and visually impaired, both here in America and throughout the world.
But our success depends on generous support from people like you!
Whether you are blind or visually impaired, have a friend or relative whom you wish to honor, or just have a desire to help make a positive difference in the lives of people who are blind or visually impaired, you can take pride in knowing that your contribution will help ACB:
- Maintain a toll-free national information hotline where ACB members, other blind or visually impaired people, and the general public can call to get their questions about blindness, low-vision, and related services answered.
- Provide scholarships to outstanding blind or visually impaired post-secondary students who are enrolled in academic, professional, or technical training programs.
- Advocate for and foster equal access for people who are blind or visually impaired to the information, services, and activities which most people take fore granted.
- Publish the ACB Braille Forum and other public information documents.
- Manage and produce ACB Radio, a seven-stream, internet-based radio service that offers accessible, up-to-date news and information related to vision loss, produced by programmers who are blind, as well as a distribution channel for musicians and performers who are blind.
- Support ACB’s Audio Description Project, which educates and advocates for the use of audio description on television and in social media, in theaters, museums, parks and in the classroom
Join us by giving generously. Together, the future looks brighter for us all!
To find out more about how to donate to ACB, please visit the links under "Ways to Give" in the right-hand column of this page.